Zuppa Toscana is a soup available at The Olive Garden restaurant. Zuppa Toscana is a traditional Italian recipe. It originated in Tuscany and is a soup made from sausage, bacon and greens in a chicken broth with potatoes and cream. The name Zuppa Toscana literally means Tuscan Soup in Italian. Pretty much anyone who has been to Olive Garden has tasted their amazing Zuppa Toscana and loved it. This simple sausage and potato concoction apparently has the power to warm people’s souls and make them happier. The best part about this soup is that it is 100% a meal on its own. With lots of meat, potatoes, and a serving a greens, this is a perfectly hearty meal when served with a good loaf of crusty bread.
Here are the best 72 zuppa toscana copycat recipes, listed in no particular order. Please scroll down to vote for your favorite. Warning: this is a very image-heavy post!
1. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe by Mom On Timeout
Love this copycat recipe for Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup – tastes exactly like the real thing!
2. Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Spicy Saffron
A slightly spicy soup with mushy potatoes, meaty sausage crumbles, and crunchy kale in a light and creamy base.
3. Crockpot Zuppa Toscana recipe by I Believe In Love
Even without Italian sausage, kale or bacon, this soup is really good.
4. Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Girl Who Ate Everything
Forget the Olive Garden restaurant soup, this is just as good if not better – it’s spicy, filling, and full of flavor.
5. Crockpot Copycat Zuppa Toscana recipe by All She Cooks
This nutrient-rich version of Zuppa Toscana is loaded with kale.
6. Olive Garden Inspired Zuppa Toscana Soup by Fabulessly Frugal
Another zuppa toscana soup inspired by the famous Olive Garden recipe.
7. Zuppa Toscana Copy-Cat Recipe by Donuts2Crumpets
This tastes JUST LIKE the Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden. Enjoy!
8. Zuppa Toscana by Heart Mind & Seoul
A wonderful recipe that is pretty similar to the original, even though it may not taste exactly like the one at the restaurant. It’s a little spicy so you’ll love it if you like a little heat to your food.
9. Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe by Two Peas & Their Pod
If you love the Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana soup, try making it at home. I am sure it’s even better than the real deal!
10. Crockpot Zuppa Toscana recipe by My Wholesome Home
A crockpot version that takes a little more prep than most crockpot meals, but the result is totally worth it.
11. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup & Homemade Breadsticks recipe by Gluesticks Blog
This recipe is so simple and tastes just like the real deal.
12. Turkey Mushroom Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Kitchen Cookie
A soup that combines the flavors of the Italian Zuppa Toscana with roasted mushrooms and uses leftover turkey (but no one will notice that!).
13. Zuppa Toscana Updated recipe by SPCookieQueen
This soup packs more flavor than the original and uses only the minimal amount of cream, with a little bread and salad dinner is done in no time.
14. Lighter Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana recipe by Makin’ it Mo’ Betta
Not only is it delicious, it’s also pretty good for you, thanks to reducing the cream and a good amount of the superfood, kale! Even better, these changes were made without sacrificing the flavor we know and love from this very popular soup.
15. Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Country Cook
This is really is very easy and you can spice it up as much as you like. You can use hot Italian sausage if you want it spicier and if you can’t find Kale, you can use any type of greens you like such as Mustard or Collard Greens.
16. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Heather Likes Food
The original version has bacon in it but this soup uses a mix of regular Italian sausage and turkey Italian sausage to cut some calories but still keep it flavorful.
17. Olive Garden Copycat – Zuppa Toscana recipe by Feeding My Giant
This dish is not complete without a loaf of french bread to soak up all the creamy goodness.
18. Vegan Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe by Reboot With Joe
A hearty Italian soup made with kale, potatoes, veggie balls, and onions. Unlike the original Olive Garden soup, which is loaded with REAL Italian sausage, bacon, and cream, this vegan version is so much healthier, and still a super flavorful substitute. And the best part is that even non-vegetarians will love it!
19. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Pastry Affair
Zuppa Toscana features potato, onions, garlic, and sausage bathed in a creamy chicken broth with kale. This soup is very aromatic and will certainly leave your home smelling delicious.
20. Zuppa Toscana (a la Olive Garden) recipe by Gimme Some Oven
This is a lighter recipe as it uses half and half instead of cream, but you totally could not tell the difference. It also has a little more kale just to get a few extra greens in there. But besides that, it tastes pretty much identical to the original… absolutely delicious!
21. Zuppa Toscana With Rice recipe by Unsophisticook
The classic Italian sausage soup typically does not include rice, but this version of the recipe one uses rice to add some texture. It’s a delicious and hearty meal all on its own.
22. Easy Zuppa Toscana recipe by momaroo
This is probably one of the easiest soup to make. It’s very comforting during any time of the year.
23. Zuppa Toscana Italian Sausage Soup recipe by Delia Creates
There are lots variations for this recipe. This one only uses one pot and about 45 minutes!
24. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Imitation by Design
The addition of spinach to this soup and the low-fat substitutions used will make eat something healthy even while feeling it’s an indulgence. Serve with a crusty loaf of bread and a side salad for a complete meal.
25. Vegan Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Inspired) recipe by The Comforting Vegan
This recipe shows that soup can be more than just a soup, it can be comforting and craveable. This soup is filled with savory and robust flavors that will not only satisfy your taste buds but keep a permanent place in you heart. Always a crowd pleaser and makes enough to serve an family sized army. You will be happy to make this and present it to your family, vegan or not. Enjoy!
26. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Sweet Rehab
Another attempt to recreate the favorite Olive Garden soup.
27. Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana recipe by Chef Mommy
This one’s really easy, and it only takes a few ingredients. You might have everything on hand already.
28. Zuppa Toscana (Copycat Recipe) by Reasons to Skip the Housework
There were two similar recipes that were combined to create this version of the soup.
29. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copy Cat Recipe by The REAL Housewives of Riverton
A version for those who don’t like spicy food: this soup uses a mild sausage so that kids could enjoy it too.
30. Paleo Zuppa Toscana recipe by My Blue Daisy
A version of the famous Zuppa Toscana for the paleo / Whole30 / food allergy family.
31. Easy Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Diary of a Not So Ordinary Wife
If you only know how to do the basic things like cook rice, boil and fry and microwave stuff don’t be afraid to experiment – it’s easy if you follow the steps from this cooking recipe.
32. Zuppa Toscana Soup (Olive Garden Knockoff) recipe by Blissfully Ever After
For a hearty and flavorful meal try this knockoff of Zuppa Toscana Soup and Parmesan Breadsticks which taste just like the recipes from Olive Garden… but maybe better because they are homemade!
33. Gluten Free Zuppa Toscana recipe by Krystal Hoover
This version of Zuppa Toscana is not only delicious but also looks very pretty. It’s also gluten-free.
34. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Pink Pistachio
You can feel good about saving money by making zuppa toscana yourself. It tastes almost identical to Olive Garden’s.
35. Olive Garden Style Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe by The View From 8600 Ft.
Olive Garden Style Zuppa Toscana soup at home? Yes! This soup defines everything that is good in the world and will restore your faith in the human race. 🙂
36. Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana recipe by Full Bellies, Happy Kids
If you don’t always get to Olive Garden, nor have the money to go by anytime you crave this soup, try this copycat recipe.
37. Zuppa Toscana (Inspired by The Olive Garden) recipe by Yes They’re All Ours
Don’t be scared off by the Kale! Just chop it into smaller pieces and this soup will be a big hit with your family!
38. Zuppa Toscana, Olive Garden Copycat Recipe by Amy’s Yummy Food
This soup has more flavor than the original and you get more stuff in your bowl then they give you at Olive Garden.
39. Pressure Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe by Kayla K’s Thrifty Ways
This recipe omits the bacon and uses milk instead of cream.
40. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Delicious Dilemmas
A hearty Italian sausage and kale soup with some red Swiss chard added to it to give it some nice color.
41. Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana recipe by Corrigan’s Cookday
Another copycat Olive Garden soup. Serve with bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
42. Zuppa Toscana Soup with Croutons recipe by Hungry Janey
This knock-off of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup is garnished with croutons.
43. Tuscan Onion Soup (zuppa di cipolle alla toscana) recipe by Ilaria’s Perfect Recipes
To make this recipe you have to like onions because it’s the main ingredient, but it tastes sooo good!
44. Dairy-Free Zuppa Toscana with Kale recipe by Marcy Can Cook!
This soup uses both spinach and kale so you can have a two kinds of greens in the same dish. It also uses unsweetened almond milk to take the place of heavy cream. The flavors blend so well!
45. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Cuparoons
This version of the soup uses mild Italian sausage instead of the hot or spicy to make it family friendly. It also reduces the amount of heavy cream and replaces it with milk to make it more on the healthy side.
46. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Melissa’s Cuisine
This soup makes for a delicious lunch. It’s quite filling, especially if served with breadsticks. It also tastes even better the next day.
47. Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup and Pretzel Bread recipe by Open Hands
With this soup you have to have a good slice of bread for soaking up some of the deliciousness!
48. Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe by The Uncluttered Lifestyle
Another yummy version of everyone’s Olive Garden favorite.
49. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Dainty Chef
This one has a nice kick from the red pepper flakes so if spice is not your thing, omit them.
50. Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden’s Tuscan Soup) recipe by Onion Rings and Things
Ahhh, the spicy Italian sausage crumbles, the potato chunks, the still-crisp kale, the bacon bits, the creamy broth…. Serve it with warm rolls or crusty breadsticks and a side of salad and you have a splendid dinner ahead. Just doggone delicious.
51. Homemade Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup (Crockpot Recipe) by Retro Modern Mom
Another version of this soup that’s really easy to make.
52. Tuscan Potato Sausage and Kale Soup recipe by Gourmet Cooking For Two
A creamy soup filled with spicy sausage and kale. Half the recipe to end up with 2 perfect large “entree” sized soup bowls for a romantic meal.
53. Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana recipe by Growing to Four
An easy recipe for the crock pot. It doesn’t taste exactly like Olive Garden’s, but it’s still really good.
54. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Annie’s Eats
This is a very hearty soup packed full of flavor. With crumbled sausage, chunks of russett potatoes and the earthy bite from the kale in a creamy broth, this is a meal in itself.
55. Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup at Home recipe by Sam Schuerman
This version uses purple kale instead of regular and adds some cannellini beans as well.
56. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Nancy Orozco Blog
Typically, zuppa toscana is made with some cream. This version is made without, because the author didn’t think the soup was creamy and thick enough with it and preferred to leave it out.
57. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Foodie Heart
This soup is creamy without being so thick and fattening, and it’s chocked full of flavor without really adding any seasonings.
58. The (rather tasty) Funny Tummy version of Olive Garden’s famous Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Funny Tummy Cafe
The kale in this is divine. It is so tender when it’s just put in at the end, and NOT simmered with the other veggies.
59. Zuppa Toscana – Inspired by The Olive Garden recipe by Irish Mike
Although it may not be exactly what you are used to, it is close… if not better.
60. Paleo Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Prehistoric Palate
This prehistoric version of the famous soup can be enjoyed while sticking with a “clean” diet.
61. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Eclectic Recipes
You won’t believe how good this will turn out. It’s so much better than the already pretty good soup at Olive Garden.
62. Zuppa Toscana recipe by A Full Measure of Happiness
This soup has a delicious broth, but the best parts are the spicy sausage and the kale. It gets really flavorful but never loses its heartiness.
63. Homemade Zuppa Toscana recipe by Fried Kristy
Using kale instead of spinach adds a great texture and helps this not to get all “soggy.” The author also recommends adding a little fennel for a great flavor.
64. Zuppa Toscana (Italian Potato Sausage Soup) recipe by Butter, with a side of Bread
This version is as close as it’s going to get. It’s delicious and easy and just perfect for a cold winter’s night.
65. Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana (Sausage, Potato, Kale Soup) recipe by Freezer Friday
This recipe for (Olive Garden copycat) Zuppa Toscana in a crock pot can be frozen well.
66. Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana recipe by Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
Simple ingredients turn into something sensational! Crispy bacon and spicy Italian sausage give it tremendous flavor. Meaty potatoes and fresh kale round it out to make a completely balanced meal. With a finish of heavy cream it has an air of indulgence to it. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a wedge of crusty bread for a hearty, inspired and satisfying meal!
67. Zuppa Toscana recipe by Our Army Life (according to the wife!)
Sprinkle this soup with a bit of fresh grated Parmesan cheese right before serving. It’s the perfect final touch! For those who cook in advance when they can, this soup freezes well. You can easily make single-serving sizes as well. Just because you’re cooking for one, doesn’t mean you can’t eat well!
68. Zuppa Toscana – Tuscan Soup Better than the Olive Garden Version recipe by eRecipeCards
This is an Italian Sausage based Potato soup, LOADED up with so much, it might qualify as a stew. And shredded up bits of Kale added at the end of the cook provides vibrant colors for a beautiful presentation while adding a hearty healthy “Superfood” to the pot!
69. How to Make Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe by Life as I know it
This copy cat recipe is just as good at the Olive Garden, if not better. It’s really delicious!
70. Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe by everything in between
This version adds red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and cheddar cheese. It’s warm, spicy, and delicious.
71. Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe by Fresh From Oregon
This is a very hearty soup and can be a meal in itself. This is no wimpy cracker soup, serve it with a great crusty bread and butter.
72. Quick & Easy Zuppa Toscana recipe by The Everything Soap Blog
This recipe is a knock out, super quick, parent friendly version. It’s perfect if you lack the time for extra prepping, sautéing, etc… but it totally maintains every single bit of the original recipe’s integrity.
Which one of this versions is your favorite? Please vote!