April 28 is National Blueberry Pie Day. Sweet, fresh blueberries are packed with disease-fighting antioxidants and nutrients. Take a look at these 5 interesting facts about blueberries:
- Blueberries are one of the only natural foods that are truly blue in color.
- Because of the high amount of antioxidants in blueberries, it is thought that they may help prevent damage caused by cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Blueberries grow best in acidic soil at a pH of four to five and make a good container plant.
- The peak season for fresh blueberries runs from mid-June to mid-August.
- The U.S. is the world’s largest producer of blueberries, harvesting a total of 564.4 million pounds of cultivated and wild blueberries in 2012.
Here are 15 delicious blueberry pie recipe variations that you can try RIGHT NOW. Happy Blueberry Pie Day!
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Betty Crocker Blueberry Pie
Sour Cream Blueberry Pie
Apple Blueberry Pie Bars
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
Blueberry Crumb Pie
Blueberry Cobbler Pie
Apple Blueberry Mini Pies
Strawberry and Blueberry Custard Pie
Country Blueberry Pie
Diabetic Blueberry Pie
Mini Blueberry Pies
Blueberry Pie with Tapioca
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
Pillsbury Blueberry Pie
Martha Stewart Blueberry Pie
Search terms for this post:blueberry cream pie
Tagged: apple blueberry pie, apple blueberry pie recipe, betty crocker blueberry pie, blueberry cobbler pie, blueberry cream cheese pie, blueberry crumb pie recipes, blueberry custard pie, blueberry pie, blueberry pie cream cheese, blueberry pie day, blueberry pie ice cream, blueberry pie recipe variations, blueberry pie recipes, blueberry pie with tapioca, country blueberry pie, diabetic blueberry pie, martha stewart blueberry pie recipe, mini blueberry pies, national blueberry pie day, no bake blueberry cheesecake pie, pillsbury blueberry pie, sour cream blueberry pie recipe